Technical Features of This Site
Here list some technical features of the site for those who are interested in some live examples. These include programming features, design features, information organization features, usability features, etc. Hope they can be some kind of live learning examples. Related web resources are also listed.
- Master page: it applies a two-level hierarchical structure of master pages. For more information on ASP.Net master pages, visit:
- User control: mainmenu
- Data binding: bing-soap.aspx
- AJAX UpdatePanel: bing-soap.aspx
AJAX and JQuery
- Raw AJAX: Free Software
- JQuery Ajax: homepage
- ASP.Net AJAX UpdatePanel: bing-soap.aspx
- For more information about AJAX and JQuery, visit:
- Microsoft Bing Search API (SOAP): Microsoft Bing Search Developer Center
- Google API
This site integrates my content hosted on these external sites:
- Blogger.com: my blog on Blogger.
- WordPress.com: my blog on WordPress.
- Twitter: my updates on the homepage.
- Diigo.com: links.
- YouTube: some video playlist for teaching and fun.
- Picasaweb: Funny IT Pictures and other pictures.
This site uses XML for a number of data sources. One of these is an custom XML based file to manage the site structure (not the ASP.Net site map file). The menu on the left is dynamically constructed based on the XML file and the page a user is visiting.
An improved version of this XML protocol is under development.
XSLT files are used to transform XML sources, include sitemap XML files and RSS feeds. The following XSLT files are for the sitemap XML at different places.
- Site menu XSLT source file (used for the main menu on every page)
- Site map XSLT source file (used in the "About -> Site Map" page)
- Site guide XSLT source file (used in the "Welcome" page)
- XSLT source file only for the "Cubicle H" section