News and Updates
[12/10/2022] IT capstone project report posted. [9/01/2022] Back to IT capstones as the IT 7993 Graduate Capstone coordinator. [5/01/2022] Just got an internal grant from College of Science and Math to build a student success and curriculum dashboard. [08/10/2021] The Data Analytics and Intelligence Technology Certificate 3.0 is available. [01/15/2022] HoneyBaked Ham started a collaboration with our capstone coures on projects to build dashboards and scorecards using Power BI. [8/01/2020] BSIT major revision is now completed. A data analytics and technolgoy concentration is going live. The first class IT 3703 Intro to Data Analytics and Technology is offered in fall 2020. [10/10/2019] Got ALG open learning materials grants on IT 4403 Advanced Mobile and Web Applications. [04/30/2019] Got ALG open learning materials grants on IT 3703 Intro to Data Technology and IT 7113 Data Visualization.
Teaching PlannedAll courses
- Data modeling practices and maturity in self-service business intelligence software and development
- Analytics for Assessing and Improving Student Success and Curriculum Development - College of Science and Mathematics HHMI Grant
- HoneyBaked Ham Dashboard Project: mentored student teams on the development of a reporting/analytics solution for HoneyBaked Ham, Co. This project involved sourcing information from external sources and building a flexible and dynamic dashboard using Power BI that allowed the business to monitor and manage KPI’s for store locations.
- Soft skills in capstone projects
- ALG Textbook Transformation Grants - using Open Educational Resources