Course List >> IT 7113
IT 7113 Data Visualization (and Analytics)
This course introduces data visualization theories, techniques, and tools particularly for developing applications and solutions to present and analyze business data. Students will design, develop, and evaluate effective visualizations and dashboards, using various development tools.
The course is part of our new certificate on data management and analytics.
- Tools used: Tableau 10, Google Charts, SVG
- Real world data analysis, visualization, and dashboarding
- BI introduction video by Jared Hillam (Intricity): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFnewuBsYiY
- History of BI (casual video with good visuals): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1y5jBESLPE
- Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_intelligence
- Dataversity: http://www.dataversity.net
- Business intelligence resources: http://www.businessintelligence.com
- DSS Resources: http://dssresources.com
- Data warehouse world: http://www.dwhworld.com